Edgerton Services / UtilitiesPayment for Village Services can be made in person at the Village Office during regular business hours; internet banking or financial institutions. Those wishing to pay at the start of the year on an annual basis for all Village Services will receive a 5% discount on water, sewer and garbage service and will only be billed if water use is over the base allotment.
- Residential Garbage - $26.00 per month. Collection day is Thursday. Limit for residential collection is 4 bags weighing 30 lbs/13.6 kg or less. Any garbage for pickup must be in regular garbage bags. Non bagged garbage will not be picked up. Residents are asked to have garbage ready for pickup by 8:00 am. New residents can confirm pickup location from the Village Office. Residents are asked to contact the Village Office 780-755-3933 if there are any issues with pickup.
- Residential Water – $34.00 per month which includes a base amount of 20 m3 (non cumulative). $1.50 per cubic meter over base amount. Water meters are read every 2nd month. Access for Village Staff to read the meters must be provided by the resident and not interfered with by locked gates, snow, or animals. Meters are the property of the Village and cannot be altered or hindered without prior consent of the Village.
- Edgerton is fortunate to enjoy high quality water pumped from our own wells and benefitting from a natural aquifer; the water is then cleaned and disinfected at the Edgerton Water Treatment Plant. It does appear to have a slight colouration, a result of extremely small amounts of naturally occurring iron. In the 1960s Edgerton canned and promoted this water as the "World's Finest Naturally Soft" water due to the iron. A benefit to having soft water is that much less soap or detergent is required, as compared to other water types. Edgerton water has an appealing taste and no water conditioners are required!
- Commercial Garbage Bins – 4 yard Bins $55.00 per month (2 pick ups); 6 yard Bins $65.00 per month (2 pick ups).
- Infrastructure Fee - $5.00 per month Water; $5.00 per month Waste Water
- Sewer - $28.00 per month
Outside Utility CompaniesVisit ucahelps.alberta.ca to compare electricity and gas prices in the area, view historical rates, or get help resolving utility related issues.
You can also visit Energyrates.ca to review and compare electricity and natural gas retailers.
- Alberta One Call - call before you dig, plant trees or build a deck in your yard 1-800-242-3447
- Electricity - Fortis Alberta 310-WIRE(9473); www.fortisalberta.com
- Gas - ATCO Gas 310-5678; www.atcogas.com; Emergencies 1-800-511-3447
- Internet -
- Satellite -
- Telephone - Telus 310-7353; www.telus.com