PUBLIC NOTICE 5020 54 Ave
Posted on Tuesday January 23, 2018 at 02:46PM
The clearing of the brush and buildings on the property at 5020-54 Ave has been completed; the buildings removed for disposal; large logs removed for burning in a few years; and the brush has been piled with the intention of it being burned next month, provided there is fresh snow cover. We will ensure that there is a southerly wind so that the smoke will flow northwards and out of the village.
Should anyone need or want firewood, please arrange with the Waste Site Attendant to acquire wood at the Waste Site during regular hours.
Spring 2018 will see the removal of the remaining two buildings on the property and the Village will disc and seed the field. This puts the community in position to better control the fire and rodent risk.
It is important to stress that this is a municipally owned property and the actions described above are in the best interest of our residents, in terms of fire safety and pest control, and that future development on this property is an exciting prospect for the entire community.
Author: Village of Edgerton
Comment on our article:
- Community BBQ
- May Long Weekend Office
- Upcoming Learning Session: Winning Strategies for Marketing and Business Planning
- Upcoming Learning Session: Meaningful Meetings: Art of Time Well Spent
- Waste Transfer Site Hours
- Edgerton Community Pasture
- Legion Decoration Day & Walk of Heroes
- Village of Edgerton News April 2018
- Edgerton "Grow Your Own" Health Skills Day